Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Morning Thoughts

We are in the hottest time of the year here. By two in the afternoon I like to be back home in my cool apartment. I had a difficult couple of weeks, thinking my landlord was going to sell the house and I would have had to move. I thought about living upstairs in my friend in San Antonio's house but the two rooms were so small that there was only enough room for a bed in one and a desk in the other one. But I like the San Antonio plaza. It is usually very quiet and it is cool with those beautiful Jacaranda trees nearby.

Several people came to look at this house, including my apartment, no fun for me. One American woman came back with her husband. But no one bought. There are lots of concerns here. Like the brick building in front of us and the garbage on the corner and no parking or garage, and all the noise. (And the things people wouldn't know about on first glance, like my neighbor with seven dogs, including the pit bull that came into my yard, and his week long parties in the street and him throwing his used couch into the only parking area to rot for months.)

My landlord gave up the idea of selling--for now. What a relief that was for me because I generally am happy here. I have gotten used to the disadvantages and the low rent gives me a lot of financial freedom. Now if only I had a pet sitter so I could spend that money. I would like to go to Kansas to see my son and daughter-in-law this summer.

A few days ago I went to the San Antonio plaza with my friend and we also had lunch at the restaurant across the street from it. I have photos of that on the previous blog post. I sent the photo of the Chili Relleno to my son. He posted it on his facebook page. I just checked, 142 people have commented on it. So I am putting it again on this post. I am going to have one today. 





I also put this photo on again of the waitress because she is so lovely. I don't know if she is one of the owners or not but she was wonderful. Plus, she reminds me of my daughter-in-law when she was about that age. I really miss my son and daughter-in-law. Facebook and skype are nice but they do not take the place of real face to face visits. I haven't seen them for several years now. Far too long.

I am taking the bus to San Antonio with Chico in my gym bag zipped up with just his head sticking out. I hope the bus driver will let me take him on the bus. It is against their rules but if he is in the bag, he might get on. He loves my friend's two little dogs. Dogs need friends too. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia...the chilis rellenos look wonderful...I must get over there soon. I am missing Salvador's terribly...it was close and the food was always consistent...hope you and Chico and Olive are surviving the heat...take care and I hope out paths cross again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charles, good to hear from you. I too miss Salvador's. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Patricia, San Antonio looks lovely and peaceful. And the chilli relleno looks delicious, always been one of my favorites.
    And the refried beans too. I can just picture Chico with his head sticking out of your bag! You must have a friend with a couple
    of pets you could trade off pet sitting with to go see your son. Would you never board them at the wonderful Vet that cares for
    lost and hurt dogs people bring to him? Can't remember his name. I don't even know if he does vacation boarding, but just an idea. Connie in Wa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie, thank you for writing and for that suggestion. I talked with my friend in San Antonio today and she said she will take Chico And Olive when I want to take a trip. P

    ReplyDelete